How do I find a center of excellence in Wilson disease?
Centers specializing in Wilson disease include:
- Wilson Disease Center of Excellence at the University of Michigan Health Systems - https://medicine.umich.edu/dept/intmed/divisions/gastroenterology-hepatology/programs/hepatology-program/clinics/wilson.html
- India - K.E.M. Hospital, Director Dr. Ashish Bavdekar - http://www.kem.edu
- Jaslok Hospital and Research Center, Director - Dr. Aabha Nagral - http://jaslokhospital.net
- Northwestern University, Director Richard M. Green, MD - https://www.nm.org/conditions-and-care-areas/neurosciences/movement-disorders/movement-disorders-centers-of-excellence-nmh
- University of California at Los Angeles, Director Jeff Bronstein, MD, PhD; Coordinator - Henrietta Salazar- http://www.ucla.edu
- Yale University Medical Center, Director Dr. Michael Schilsky: http://medicine.yale.edu/intmed/
In addition the Wilson Disease Association has recommendations listed on their website: https://www.wilsonsdisease.org/for-patients-families/centers-of-excellence
- Fairfield, M. Frequently Asked Questions. Retrieved November 28, 2019, from https://www.wilsonsdisease.org/about-wilson-disease/frequently-asked-questions.
- Weiss, K. H. (2016, July 29). Wilson Disease. GeneReviews® [Internet]. Retrieved November 28, 2019, from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1512/.
More Healthcare/Doctors Content
What specialist doctors should I see with Wilson disease?
Specialists for Wilson disease may include liver doctors, neurologists, speech pathologists, a liver transplant team, dietitians, genetic counselors, psychiatrists, laboratory technicians, and patient coordinators.
There is a Wilson Disease Center of Excellence at The Hepatology Program at Michigan Medicine at https://medicine.umich.edu/dept/intmed/divisions/gastroenterology-hepatology/programs/hepatology-program/clinics/wilson.html
In addition, please see the guide in seeking a specialist provided by the Genetic and Rare Disease Information Center at https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/resources/pages/25/how-to-find-a-disease-specialist
To find a genetic counselor, the National Society of Genetic Counselors provides information at https://www.nsgc.org/page/find-a-genetic-counselor
- How to Find a Disease Specialist. Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center. Retrieved November 28, 2019, from https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/resources/pages/25/how-to-find-a-disease-specialist.
- Wilson Disease. NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorders. Retrieved November 28, 2019, from http://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/wilson-disease/.