Trisomy 13

Symptoms

What is the difference between Trisomy 13 and mosaic Trisomy 13?

When someone has three copies of chromosome 13 in all of their cells, they have complete trisomy 13. Around 95% of children with a diagnosis of trisomy 13 are thought to have complete trisomy 13. The other 5% have mosaic trisomy 13. This means that some of their cells have the normal 2 copies of chromosome 13, and other cells have 3 copies of chromosome 13.

http://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/trisomy-13-syndrome/

Neonatal Netw. 2016;35(1):31-6. doi: 10.1891/0730-0832.35.1.31.Trisomy 13: Changing Perspectives.Macias G, Riley C.

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me