Retinitis pigmentosa


How do I find a center of excellence in retinitis pigmentosa?

There are several centers of excellence and specialized clinics that treat individuals with retinitis pigmentosa. These centers involve not only ophthalmologists, but also often medical geneticists, genetic counselors, nurses, social workers and other specialists who work as a team to answer your questions, discuss testing, develop a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan for you, and help identify your at-risk family members. The center of excellence will work with your current doctors to organize the treatment, tests, and specialists you need.

As of October 2016, there are several centers of excellence that serve patients with retinitis pigmentosa and other retinal diseases. These centers include, but are not limited to:

To find other centers of excellence or clinics which specialize in retinitis pigmentosa, talk with your doctor or contact support groups for people with the condition.

Show More Content Like This

More Healthcare/Doctors Content

What specialist doctors should I see with retinitis pigmentosa?

What specialist doctors should I see with retinitis pigmentosa?

Retinitis pigmentosa is a complex medical condition, the management and treatment of which should involve several specialists. These often include:

  • Ophthalmologist
  • Medical Geneticist
  • Genetic Counselor
  • Neurologist
  • Surgeon
  • Social Worker

If you need any of these types of specialists, your doctor or a genetic counselor can help you find these specialists in your area.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Continue Find out more about our use of cookies and similar technology

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me