Diagnosis and Testing

How do I get diagnosed with otosclerosis?

If you have noticed a change in your hearing, you can see an otolaryngologist, otologist, or audiologist to have your hearing evaluated. They will ask you questions about your medical history to make sure there aren’t any other diseases or health problems causing your hearing problems. After that, they will test different aspects of your hearing. They might order imaging studies to see what the bones in the ear look like.

SOURCE: Emory University - Department of Human Genetics in collaboration with ThinkGenetic • https://www.thinkgenetic.com/diseases/otosclerosis/diagnosis-testing/9203 • DATE UPDATED: 2016-06-15


Otosclerosis. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. (http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/hearing/pages/otosclerosis.aspx)

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me