Congenital insensitivity to pain


Do any doctors specialize in congenital insensitivity to pain?

People with congenital insensitivity to pain may be under the care of several specialists, depending upon their symptoms. Following is a list of some of the specialists that may be needed.

  1. neurologist (nerve doctor)
  2. dentist
  3. orthopedist (bone doctor)
  4. ophthalmologist (eye doctor)
  5. dermatologist (skin doctor)
  6. developmental pediatrician
  7. medical geneticist
  8. genetic counselor
  9. infectious disease specialist

Other specialists may be needed based if there are other symptoms. A medical geneticist and genetic counselor can help you make sure you are seeing all the specialists that you need. A medical geneticist can be found by asking your doctor for a referral or looking on the American College of Medical Geneticists website . Genetic counselors in the United States can be found on the National Society of Genetic Counselors website. Genetic counselors in Canada can be found at the Canadian Association of Genetic Counselors website.

Schon et. al, GeneReviews Congenital Insensitivity to Pain Overview, February 8, 2018

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me