Fabry disease


What other kind of specialists will I need to see with Fabry disease?

Patients affected by Fabry disease should visit their primary care physician and Fabry doctor at least once a year for a thorough evaluation, physical exam, and laboratory tests. These tests help monitor disease progression and overall health. Many individuals affected by Fabry disease will also have a nephrologist to monitor kidney functions, a cardiologist to monitor their heart, a neurologist to monitor their brain function and pain, and a psychologist to monitor depression or anxiety. Other specialists may be needed to address gastrointestinal issues or other Fabry related symptoms. Please talk to your Fabry doctor or genetic counselor for more information about other specialists that you might need to see.

SOURCE: Emory University - Department of Human Genetics in collaboration with ThinkGenetic • https://www.thinkgenetic.com/diseases/fabry-disease/healthcare-doctors/579 • DATE UPDATED: 2019-12-12


Fabry Disease: A Guide for the Newly Diagnosed. (2006, January 1). Retrieved November 22, 2019, from http://genetics.emory.edu/documents/lsdc/factsheet44.pdf.

Mehta, A. (2017, January 5). Fabry Disease. Retrieved November 22, 2019, from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1292/.

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me