Congenital disorder of glycosylation, type ia

Diagnosis and Testing

How do I get tested for congenital disorder of glycosylation type 1A?

Testing for congenital disorder of glycosylation type 1A can be ordered by your doctor or genetic counselor. There is genetic testing and biochemical testing that can be performed. There are many laboratories that offer genetic testing for the condition. It involves either a blood or saliva sample. Results take about 4-12 weeks depending on the laboratory.

The best person to figure out whether an individual has CDG-Ia is a doctor who specializes in metabolic disorders, such as a biochemical geneticist. A biochemical geneticist can be found by asking your doctor for a referral or looking on the American College of Medical Geneticists website .

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Continue Find out more about our use of cookies and similar technology

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me