Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy


How can my family practitioner help with care of my arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy?

Individuals living with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC) should be monitored by a cardiologist who is knowledgeable about ARVC. Management should be individualized and based on the specific results of detailed clinical and genetic investigation. You can seek out a specialist at the Heart Rhythm Society's "Find a Specialist page at or by asking your doctor for a referral to a heart and vascular institute.

You should also talk to your primary care doctor about your diagnosis. Your primary care doctor will help keep all of your doctor's notes from each specialty so that appropriate referrals and updates can be made. Your primary care doctor will also be able to monitor your heart beat/rate when you go in for regular check-up visits. Additionally, if you give your primary care a copy of your genetic testing results, your doctor and your geneticist/genetic counselor can make medical recommendations based on your results. That way, all of your doctors can be coordinated, which will make treatments much more simple and organized.

SOURCE: Emory University - Department of Human Genetics in collaboration with ThinkGenetic • • DATE UPDATED: 2020-01-09


This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me