Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy


Do people living with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy need to see any special doctors?

Individuals living with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC) should be monitored by a cardiologist who is knowledgeable about ARVC. Management should be individualized and based on the specific results of detailed clinical and genetic investigation. You can seek out a specialist at the Heart Rhythm Society's "Find a Specialist page at or by asking your doctor for a referral to a heart and vascular institute.

You should also see a geneticist/genetic counselor to have genetic testing in order to try to find the genetic cause of ARVC in you and your family. Genetic counselors can be found by visiting this link.

SOURCE: Emory University - Department of Human Genetics in collaboration with ThinkGenetic • • DATE UPDATED: 2020-01-09


This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me