ankylosing spondylitis


What doctors should I see for my ankylosing spondylitis?

Typically a rheumatologist, a doctor trained in diagnosing and treating arthritis, will diagnose AS, and develop an individual treatment plan. Because AS can affect other parts of the body, individuals may also need to see an ophthalmologist - a doctor who treats eye disease, or a gastroenterologist - a doctor who treats bowel disease. Remember, even if you have mild AS symptoms and manage them fairly well, it is important to see a rheumatologist once a year to better detect any underlying complications, and since treatment is needed even for mild and early cases.

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me