Is there clinical research going on for Angelman syndrome?
As of June 2019, there were a number of clinical trials for Angelman syndrome. These studies tend to focus on learning more about Angelman syndrome, or studying therapies for specific conditions or features of the syndrome. You can find a list of current and past clinical trials occurring in the United States for individuals with Angelman syndrome at www.clinicaltrials.gov by typing "Angelman syndrome" in the "search for studies" field.
- The Angelman Syndrome Foundation has a list of research opportunities for interested families and individuals at: http://www.angelman.org/research/participate-in-research-studies/.
- The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics maintains a list of research funded by their foundation with contact information for families interested in participating. You can see the list of these opportunities at: http://cureangelman.net/research/fast-funded-research/.
- The Angelman Syndrome Support Education and Research Trust in the UK also maintains a list of research opportunities for families in the UK at: https://www.angelmanuk.org/research.
More Clinical Research/Studies Content
How do I give money to help research on Angelman syndrome?
- Many support group websites allow you to direct your donation to a specific cause, including research on Angelman syndrome. For example, on The Angelman Syndrome Foundation's donation page, you can select "research" for your "area of giving.
- The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (FAST) is a group that funds research aimed at finding a cure for Angelman syndrome. You can donate to FAST at: http://cureangelman.net/others-ways-to-give/.
- In addition to donating money, you can also explore creative ways of funding research through various Angelman Syndrome support organizations, such as purchasing items whose sales directly benefit the group. The Angelman Syndrome Support Education and Research Trust offers a number of ways to donate, as well as their "I'm No Angel" t-shirts, mugs, coffee cups and more at: http://458768.spreadshirt.co.uk/.