Alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency


Where do I find a center of excellence for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency?

As of 2019, more than 80 specialists in the U.S. are listed as Clinical Resource Centers (CRC) for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AATD) with the Alpha-1 Foundation. You can find the CRC closest to you at In the U.S., you can also call the Alpha-1 Foundation genetic counselor at 800-785-3177 if you have questions about alpha-1 or access to care.

Many people with AATD receive regular care with a lung specialist called a pulmonologist. If you have the ZZ genetic type of AATD, remember to discuss liver screening with your doctor. If you have symptoms of liver disease, or diagnosed liver disease, you may see a liver specialist at a medical center near you, or locate the closest CRC liver specialist on the Alpha-1 Foundation website at

Alpha-1 Foundation. Finding an Alpha-1 Specialist. Retrieved from

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me