What are the first steps after an initial diagnosis of Alagille syndrome?
Your doctor who diagnoses you with Alagille Syndrome will likely recommend make appointments doctors in several different specialties in order to screen for problems which may be seen in this condition. The doctors who commonly see patients with this condition are:
- Gastroenterologist (expert in the digestive system and liver)
- Cardiologist (expert in the heart)
- Ophthalmologist (expert in the eyes)
- Nephrologist (expert in the kidneys)
- Orthopedist (expert in bones)
- Geneticist (expert in genetics)