Adrenoleukodystrophy

Inheritance

How often is X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy inherited from a parent?

X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy is inherited from a parent approximately 95% of the time. In the remaining 4-5% of cases, there is a new mutation, or genetic change, in the ABCD1 gene of the affected patient. A new genetic change is also called a de novo change or mutation.

Steinberg, S., Moser, A., Raymond, G. X-Linked Adrenoleukodystrophy. Gene Reviews. Online database. Updated April 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1315/

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me