Aarskog syndrome

Inheritance

If a female is a carrier of Aarskog syndrome, what is the chance that her children will be affected?

If a female is an unaffected carrier or has the X-linked form of Aarskog syndrome, there is 50% chance that each male child will be affected with Aarskog syndrome, and there is a 50% chance that each female child will be a carrier of Aarskog syndrome. Overall, in each pregnancy,there is a 25% chance to have an affected male, 25% chance to not have an affected male, 25% chance to have a female who is a carrier, 25% chance to have a female who is not a carrier.

If a female has Aarksog syndrome caused by an unknown gene change, she may have up to a 50% chance to pass on Aarskog syndrome to each of her children (boys or girls). A genetic counselor or medical geneticist can help determine the likelihood that a person with Aarskog pass on the condition. A medical geneticists can be found by asking your doctor for a referral or looking on the American College of Medical Geneticists website. Genetic counselors can be found on the National Society of Genetic Counselors website.

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me