3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaric aciduria (HMG)


How do I find a center of excellence in 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaric Aciduria (HMG)?

Your child will be referred to a hospital or medical center with a metabolic disease specialty clinic when they are diagnosed or suspected to have 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaric aciduria on their newborn screen test. Additionally, you can locate other metabolism specialty clinics through one of the following organizations: The Organic Acidemia Association (a ThinkGenetic Advocacy Partner), The North American Metabolic Academy (NAMA) or the Society for Inherited Metabolic Disorders.

If you are interested in carrier testing or a family member would like to be tested for HMG CoA lyase deficiency, you can also try reaching out to a local genetic counselor through The National Society for Genetic Counselors or reaching out to a geneticist in your area through The American College of Medical Genetics

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me