Are you a Differential Diagnoses Guru Who Loves a Good Diagnostic Scoring System? We have the Job for You!
ThinkGenetic is a small company with deep roots in genetics. In 2016, the founders (including a Genetic Counselor and a patient living with a genetic condition) decided to use their talents and passions to help locate individuals at risk of being affected by undiagnosed genetic diseases. After successfully demonstrating our EHR and consumer-focused products, we are entering the rapid growth phase of our company.
We are looking for an independently motivated but team-oriented genetic professional with clinical experience to develop and validate disease-specific algorithms and work directly with pharma clients as part of a nimble, supportive, and mission-driven team.
Position: Clinical Genetic Data Specialist
Position Description: As a Clinical Genetic Data Specialist, you will be responsible for working with ThinkGenetic data scientists, other clinical genetic data specialists, and software developers to create and continually improve the algorithms powering ThinkGenetic’s FindEHR and FindSM product lines. Broad knowledge of genetic and rare diseases and the ability to critically review scientific literature (including journals, text references, clinical trial sites, research reports, and other supportive resources) is required. The primary goal of this flexible position is to turn your knowledge of the clinical signs and symptoms of genetic diseases into algorithms that can identify at-risk patients from structured and unstructured EHR data.
Location: US-Based, Remote
Benefits: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, SIMPLE IRA
- Provide subject matter expertise to assist in the development, improvement, and validation of algorithms including systematic literature review, data gathering, data entry, testing, quality control review, and clinical review.
- Contribute to continuous updating and improvements in algorithm development and ThinkGenetic internal procedures.
- Identify and prioritize genetic conditions that would benefit from early diagnosis and treatment
- Collaborate with key opinion leaders and advocacy groups to strengthen algorithms.
- Work closely with the project management, marketing, and leadership teams
- Meet and collaborate with clients to understand their current projects, refine algorithms, and present exciting findings as part of the team.
- Publish and present papers and posters on algorithm research and development in collaboration with clients and data partners.
- Degree in Human Genetics, Genetic Counseling, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution capability.
- Experience and comfort with computers and office suite.
- Experience and comfort with diagnostics for evaluation and logic.
- Interest in advancement and leadership roles.
- Board Eligible/Certification in Genetic Counseling preferred but not required.
- Experience with patient-facing clinical genetics.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Industry experience is a bonus.
About ThinkGenetic, Inc: ThinkGenetic is an award-winning digital health company specializing in finding individuals at risk of rare conditions. Leveraging validated algorithms and extensive expertise in rare diseases, ThinkGenetic offers digital solutions to detect patients for evaluation, treatment, and clinical trials, while ensuring compliance with important PHI (Protected Health Information) regulations. The company serves clients in biopharma, research institutions, healthcare practice settings, and advocacy organizations. We empower our clients to uncover individuals who may be vulnerable and provide essential resources to support critical healthcare decisions using the power of AI technology.