As a Genetic Diseases Research and Information Specialist, you will be responsible for working with ThinkGenetic data scientists, senior genetic counselors and software developers to create and continually improve the algorithms powering ThinkGenetic’s SymptomMatchertm, which helps find people in need of a diagnosis (FIND – SymptomMatcher). Knowledge of genetic and rare diseases and ability to review journals and text references to remain current in clinical genetics, rare diseases, research and other supportive resources required.
- Provide subject matter expertise to assist in the development and improvement of FIND – SymptomMatcher algorithms
- Contribute to continuous updating and improvements in procedures and standard language.
- Develop content about genetic and rare diseases for the ThinkGenetic Website in plain language.
- Publish and present papers on FIND – SymptomMatcher algorithm research and development.
- Degree in Human Genetics, Genetic Counseling or Related Field, Masters degree preferred
- Board Eligible/Board Certification in Genetic Counseling preferred but not required.
- Experience with clinical genetics
- Experience in writing content for the Web.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing/editing skills